• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roadrunners?

mnfisher22

Love this lure. I cast them out and bring them back a few feet off the bottom or higher in the water column. Great bait for weedline edges. Twister tail trailers or feathers. I love pitching them out around sunset. I've got some where nearly all the paint is worn off. My favorite color is white. 1/8th or 1/16th ounce.

Haven't had problems losing small fish. But you do have to keep the bait on the move so you will only get the aggressive fish. Some days a float approach will work better.

Blakemore makes them, and I think Windell in Bemidji makes a few here in Minnesota.

I got mine at Cabela's. Was out the other day casting a chartruse roadrunner with a black/pink tube for crappies in the shallows and caught two walleye and a few crappies. Gotta keep 'em higher off bottom, but when it's only three to five feet deep it's hard. They will catch the most agressive fish in a school. Not a good lure for negative fish.