• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WHEN TO RAKE

BobberTom

Originally Posted By: BobberTom
IS IT TO EARLY TO RAKE YET?

My own opinion....

I'll be starting my cleanups in 10 days, a week from Monday, and I have about 10 days of cleanups to do. That means I'll be done with cleanups and the first round of fertilizer about the middle to end of the first week of May.

Channel 9's Dale K from Gertens, said wait another week, as long as we don't get any rain.

I might start earlier, but I also might run out to ND fishing for 3 days before the season gets going full bore.

Truthfully, there's no rush. With soil temps cooling back down at night, we're at about a 45 degree temp still. The temps are supposed to cool back down again, with rain in the forecast, so you can hold off for a week or so and you're not going to hurt or help anything. The grass isn't growing yet, other than a few hardy blades.

just my opinion, but the beating the lawns took with the lack of moisture last year wouldnt you be better off leaving it go to keep moisture in longer when it starts to dry up?