• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Starting some seeds indoors - pics

carlcmc

2390423925_ba93fcb879.jpg

from my flickr account

Taken with a Nikon D80.

* Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320) [+]

* Aperture: f/11 [+]

* Focal Length: 200 mm [+]

* ISO Speed: 400 [+]

Strobist Info: 43" White satin shoot-through umbrella camera right. SB-800 at M 1/1 and SB-600 at M 1/2. Both strobes triggered via Nikon CLS/AWS. Umbrella approximately 10-12 inches from cup. 7' white posterboard/styrofoam reflector camera left approximately 16" away.

Technical choices: I chose my Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens for the telephoto ability and shot at 200mm. I stopped down to f/11 to try and achieve as much acceptable depth of field as possible. Higher than that would start to get soft (lens itself and due to circle of confusion) with this lens otherwise I would have went up to even f/16. I had all the lights off except for a fluorescent bank camera right to allow focusing. At 1/320, f/11 and ISO 400 a test shot left the frame entirely black and the fluorescents did not contribute to overall exposure.

Processing: Adobe Lightroom 1.3.1 - Cropping, exposure, recovery, fill light, black point, Clarity, and sharpening all performed.

Real info: Even though there are still bits of snow on the ground, the temperature has been rising quickly. I brought in three buckets of dirt from the garden. I have filled several planting trays and planted broccoli, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and papas. Additionally we have some raspberry bushes sitting in a 5-gallon bucket of water in front of the patio doors. They are just starting to sprout. In this and the other photo you can see my broccoli just starting to sprout. In this image you see a single broccoli sprout that I lifted out of the tray and placed in this cup. The tray is too crowded. You can just see in this photo some of its hair like root filaments. In the tray photo, you can see them much better.

2390419953_e4dba8e993.jpg

from my flickr account

Taken with a Nikon D80.

Strobist Info: 43" White satin shoot-through umbrella camera right. SB-800 at M 1/1 and SB-600 at M 1/2. Both strobes triggered via Nikon CLS/AWS. Umbrella approximately 10-12 inches from cup. 7' white posterboard/styrofoam reflector camera left approximately 16" away.

Technical choices: I chose my Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens for the telephoto ability and shot at 200mm. I stopped down to f/11 to try and achieve as much acceptable depth of field as possible. Higher than that would start to get soft (lens itself and due to circle of confusion) with this lens otherwise I would have went up to even f/16. I had all the lights off except for a fluorescent bank camera right to allow focusing. At 1/320, f/11 and ISO 400 a test shot left the frame entirely black and the fluorescents did not contribute to overall exposure.

Processing: Adobe Lightroom 1.3.1 - Cropping, exposure, recovery, fill light, black point, Clarity, and sharpening all performed.

Real info: Even though there are still bits of snow on the ground, the temperature has been rising quickly. I brought in three buckets of dirt from the garden. I have filled several planting trays and planted broccoli, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and papas. Additionally we have some raspberry bushes sitting in a 5-gallon bucket of water in front of the patio doors. They are just starting to sprout. In this and the other photo I have uploaded you can see my broccoli just starting to sprout. In this image you see the multiple sprouts in each container. I will have to thin them out. They are now 3 days old from the day that I placed them dry on the soil. I didn't cover them up, I just seeded them on top. It was easiest that way. The fine root filaments are fascinating to me! One guess which direction the sun is?

Originally Posted By: carlcmc
2390423925_ba93fcb879.jpg

from my flickr account

Taken with a Nikon D80.

This looks like something for the photo section,We or some Gardeners,might understand the seed names but all the lens cameras is the unknown zone

Real info: Even though there are still bits of snow on the ground, the temperature has been rising quickly. I brought in three buckets of dirt from the garden. I have filled several planting trays and planted broccoli, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and papas. Additionally we have some raspberry bushes sitting in a 5-gallon bucket of water in front of the patio doors. They are just starting to sprout. In this and the other photo you can see my broccoli just starting to sprout. In this image you see a single broccoli sprout that I lifted out of the tray and placed in this cup. The tray is too crowded. You can just see in this photo some of its hair like root filaments. In the tray photo, you can see them much better.

2390419953_e4dba8e993.jpg

from my flickr account

Taken with a Nikon D80.

Real info: Even though there are still bits of snow on the ground, the temperature has been rising quickly. I brought in three buckets of dirt from the garden. I have filled several planting trays and planted broccoli, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and papas. Additionally we have some raspberry bushes sitting in a 5-gallon bucket of water in front of the patio doors. They are just starting to sprout. In this and the other photo I have uploaded you can see my broccoli just starting to sprout. In this image you see the multiple sprouts in each container. I will have to thin them out. They are now 3 days old from the day that I placed them dry on the soil. I didn't cover them up, I just seeded them on top. It was easiest that way. The fine root filaments are fascinating to me! One guess which direction the sun is?

What kind of seeds are they?? The rest should be in the photo section where it may be understood.How old are those plants?what soil,any fert.? Ithink ya got the wrong area for this intricate info.

I dont have the camera details but here is mine. I have a variety and this is the first I have ever done this. Last year it seemed we spent 30 bucks or more each time we visited the nursery. I have tomatoes (early girls), marigolds, impatients, geraniums, onions and not having much luck with the green peppers. These are into about the 3rd week and in Zone 6 here I still have about 5 weeks till planting.

grow1.jpg

Here are the tomatoes and a variety of others I have

gard1.jpg

mine are broccoli seeds. 3 days old at time of photo. I wanted the photo details included because it wasn't just a snapshot, but a photograph of what I was doing ...