• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pressure cooker?

I have a Presto 18 quart SS canner. Its great and can hold a good batch size. I'd stay with stainless steel. It was around $80 if I remember.

You can see a recipe I posted a while ago for venison here http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1299498#Post1299498

but it would work well for beef too.

Good luck and enjoy! Its one of the best things that I have used for preserving various game meat and beef.

rowdy, some day I'm going to try canning vension - just need to shoot more I guess!!!

cooter, I don't have any specific advice except read your directions and don't be scared of it!!! It won't blow up if you watch it.

Originally Posted By: BLACKJACK
rowdy, some day I'm going to try canning vension - just need to shoot more I guess!!!

Once you do, you won't want to do anything else with your meat! The past couple years I have shot two deer and usually half goes to steak, stew, sticks, and half to the canner.

Its great to can in half pint jars, and take to work, fishing, etc. makes for a great quick meal.