• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minor Remodel

Dale Rueber

First I would like to thank everybody that contributes to this forum. The comments and recommendations helped me a lot. The pictures of what other people have done also helped greatly, mostly with my motivation.

I spent last weekend in my boat doing some remodeling. My work seems pretty minor compared with some of the other projects I have seen here but so far I'm pleased with the results.

I have a 17' 96 Sylvan SportSelect that was setup OK for fishing with the exception of the back to back lounge seat on the port side. The seats were too low for fishing (literally 10" from the deck) and I never used the lounge function. Its only benefit was that it offered a small amount of storage. I removed the lounge and installed 2 pedestal seats (before and after pictures below).

I would like to increase the storage in the rear of the boat so that I can add a second trolling motor battery and make up for the lost storage from removing the lounge seat.

Questions:

1. Can you buy marine plywood in less than 4'X 8'sheets? I need a 6' X 14" and a couple of smaller pieces for the deck.

2. Can I substitute pine (boards not plywood) if I put some type of sealant on it prior to covering it for the marine plywood? Good idea/Bad idea/Just suck it up and pay for the marine plywood.

3. If you have a center/bow rod locker how do you like it? I'm thinking about adding one but it would take a lot of work so I'm wondering if it would be worth the effort.

4. Anybody want a free lounge seat?

5. Any suggestions for removing the rust stains in the carpet left by the staples on the lounge seat? Everything in the boat is stainless, aluminium, plastic, or treated except the staples.

Before

100_5143.jpg

After

100_5152.jpg