• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

smokehouse style meats survey

An idea is brewing.

Most who come to this thread are food affectionados, so...

A couple of questions:

How many smokehouse style restaurants do you folks know of around Mn.?

How good are they?

What, if any, meats do you folks enjoy and what would you particularly like to see on a menu?

Would you drive for a great meal of KC smoked ribs or whatever?

Thanks,

Julie

Texas Roadhouse it pretty darn tasty. But I am not sure if there is one up near Alex. They have one in Coon Rapids right off Hwy 10, and there is another down near Eagan off 35E. Love the food there, and very reasonable prices too.

Good topic Big Julie. Since you've opened it up to all of MN., I'd have to put Roscoe's Rootbeer and Ribs in Rochester on there, and I once ate at a little hole in the wall joint in St. Paul, off Randolph (I think) that had some of the best chicken I've ever had. I'll have to look for the Texas Roadhouse the next time I'm in Eagan...

eyes317

Come to think of it daves ribs is a little bit to overly public. Lost for words on that one. I know grizzlys up here has good ribs and chicken. ok as far as smoking there own none. Grizzlys is great. As far as meat that is a good one . Going to smoke your own and where is it.

sheepsheadslayer,

many years ago there was a smokehouse bbq on west broadway somewhere...

never took advantage of it, but would like to know where it might be as I heard they had some great ribs, etc.

Beautiful downtown Bradford !!!! I've been to the Smokehouse several times and have always had a great meal. Try their baked beans and better yet, the spicy green beans. BBQ ribs and their Prime has been outstanding! They have some weird hours so you might want to give them a call before you head to downtown Bradford.