• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High octane fuel ?

lucky

Question

I have a 60 hp merc 2 stroke and i run the highest octane that i can, usally about 91-92. First, am i waisting my money by running that high of octane, and if i have to run the higher stuff can i buy the 87 octane and put an octane booster in with it to make up the differance? and is there a chart avilable for how much to put in. Thanks

thanks all for your responce. I thought that i needed to run that high octane fuel because the previous owner said that what he used. i also had myself convinced that when i put a cooler of drinks for 2 and my 100 lb over weight friend in the front it would not matter w preformance. That happened to b the same time i used resort gas. Maby i didnt ever need th higher octane fuel after all