• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I could think of worse places to be than SF, especially as a college kid. You have got to be having a good time. Great town. My brother in law is going to Brookings next fall to SDSU. I plan to visit him a lot grin.gif

For the most part, I agree with you guys about not broadcasting an exact location on a hot bite. But isn't a fishing forum kind of created for the purpose of sharing information on what you have learned? Can't that information include some tips on a few better than average fishing holes? I'm certainly not telling everyone to give up GPS coordinants, but pointing people in the general direction of a good bite isn't going to kill a lake off. If you don't feel comfortable sharing your hotspot in a post, try sending a PM to the member who has asked for info. I've received PM's on how to's and where's and done very well with the tips. I still had to do some of the work myself, but I had a place to start. You can always ask that the shared information is held confidential. Every once in a while it's nice to catch a break. Help a fellow outdoor enthusiast on occassion. You may be surprised how good it makes you feel when you get a huge thanks for the help. You may also find that it may be reciprocated.

Also a note for those who ask for a hot bite location. Remember that not everone wants to share all their information. Try not to get too discouraged if you don't get replies. The next time you ask, you may be overwhelmed by all the response.

ducks n eyes,

I don't really agree with your statement about pointing people in the general direction of a good bite isn't going to kill a lake off. I saw it happen on a lake in 2000 in N.D. 150,000 perch off one lake in one winter according to the NDGF&P.

When I go fishing the last thing I think about doing is posting on a HSOforum for the most up to date fishing hotspot. I usually know what lakes hold fish and if I use my noggin I can figure out what the fish should be doing at the time of year I am fishing fot whatever species it is. If I even would have to use pm's I would feel like I did'nt do it on my own. But the problem is that when people are driving hundreds of miles they would like to be put on the spot without doing any of the work themselves. That is why I think there are people that get upset with posts like you have put up.

My point is that if one person points you in the general direction there are a thousand other people reading the same thing, and if you just pm each other then it just takes a little more time until the hotspot is out. If people would just find their own spot and keep it queit things would go alot smoother.

Just my 2 cents.

I was at a presentation by SD G&F last week. It was on a lake in a SD park that had been closed to fishing and was then opened up. Chocrane I believe it was. Opened in mid summer and in the first month anglers removed 65% of the walleyes. The next month only 1/3rd the angling pressure and another 10% of the walleyes were harvested. That's 75% of the walleyes over 14" harvested in two months. Probably the two months with the fewest out of state fishermen in SD. The figures they had were incredible, you could follow the fish as they grew in most lakes until they hit 14" @ two or three years, then the fish got hammered and disappeared from the test nets.

Hey kobear 2 months out of the year, finally gives us guys some time to fish our "OWN" waters for once!!! So I think we have the right to fish a lake out, instead of someone else doing it!!! whistle.gif

Perchjr

Good Fishing!!!