• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

has anyone tried the Gulp crawlers for carp and suckers?

Grant

Originally Posted By: Ralph Wiggum
Nope, but I saw a show last year on Lake Sturgeon in the Rainy River and they were using Gulp! crawlers with good success.

I saw that too. Those guys were fishing and filming right next to us (filmed ~3 years ago by North American Fisherman (or something like that)). We were actually shown in the background a few times during the movie. They used one gulp crawler and one live crawler. The gulps stay on better and had better scent dispersion than live bait. I don't remember if they used gulp exclusively or not, but I think it would work especially if your in a pinch for live crawlers.

I would consider trying gulp for suckers and I imagine they would produce some fish; however, I doubt they would outfish live bait.