• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

About to pull the trigger on a lund - need advice

EricD

I would highly suggest upgrading the trolling motor to a universal sonar and auto pilot. I know it's a few bucks more but you will wish you would have. I have the PD 70 with a 60" shaft plus US/AP and absolutly love it and I'm sure you will too. Thats a pretty nice package there.

Eric. I can feel your happiness. One suggestion make sure you get four seats. Having four seats saves lots of time moving seats around when two people are fishing and you have to keep jumping spots. And sooner or later you will have four passengers.

Having the fourth seat comes in handy. Now it's time to get everything else. Drift socks, new life jackets if yours have seen better days.

Be sure to follow the manual as far as the "break in process" on your motor.

Get a good coat of wax on the boat also. Get a good set of boat bumpers!!

Do you do any back trolling for Eyes?? If so get a pair of splash guards. Wave wackers are nice but expensive. The White Cap splash guards are very nice also.

Originally Posted By: rodmaker
Having the fourth seat comes in handy. Now it's time to get everything else.

My wife warned me that this would happen. : ) The boat comes with three seats but Lund has a promo right now that includes a fourth. I think I may have to wait for the bow fishfinder but I'm already doing research. : ) The rigger used to work at Lund as a riveter and he promised a walk-through before he installs stuff to make sure it's where I want it. The sales guy lives on a lake nearby and is pretty familiar with the Lunds. He's going to take us out on the lake for our first time to make sure we understand all the components along with breakin information. I'm pleased with the dealership and that matters a lot to me.

That makes a ton of difference finding a dealer that will work with you after he makes the sale grin.gif

If you can, get down th the Sports show and check out the electronics and other accessories. If you have a birthday coming up, start your list now grin.gif Maybe a few early christmas gifts grin.gif Most of all, have fun doing this!!!!