• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decent pocket camera

I know this is pretty low level for you guys but I would like a good compact pocket camera for my fishing and hunting pics. Only requirements I have are that it has a quick capture, I hate the ones that have to search and search to find a focal spot. I also would like it to have fairly easy menu, my daughter is 10 1/2 and I would let her take it fishing as well so I want her to be able to adjust for basic lighting and flash needs. I have a good digital with higher zoom but it is too bulky to carry on the ice while hole hopping and such, so looking for a inexpensive fix for decent quality pics. Thanks guys!!!

I've got an Olympus 770sw it is shockproof to a five foot drop and waterproof to 33ft under water. Not a huge zoom but it takes pretty sharp images. It works great for portrait shots and landscapes, plus it can get wet and be dropped and it still works. It focuses pretty fast, but has a little shutter lag when the button is pushed. There is also a 790sw model that is less expensive than the 770sw. Here are some pictures from that camera that I took last summer.

Kayak paddle at work

P8210107.jpg

this was taken with me in the water and no housing on the camera.

P8210101.jpg