• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Warm weekend hopefully hot fishing!

Slow and small presentation. When I say small I mean number 12's to 16's with active small tails. Slow drops and rises, and the biggest thing I can say is EXPIERIENCE. I didn't do much damage, I caught a few fish, but I learned a lot by watching those who know. I learned some new things to look for on my flasher and that really helped pick up a bite. Then how to detect the inhale, ever so slight bite, but they are there. Also the benefits of a good pole with tip or spring. I have lots to learn, but pick up different tips every time. What a blast. For a guy like me who had only really walleye fished for so many years, this is so much fun!

Hondarider550

Slow and small presentation is a must. Also you need to be mobile this means if you are in the group and not getting anything it would be a good time to fire up the auger and grab the camera to search. Once you find them you will probably be by yourself which equals more fish for you. On Sunday we ended up drilling 40 plus holes before we found a good school fish.

Mr. Seaguar, I don't know that all of them are active and aggressive, we had a pretty passive bite last weekend. Sure some would smash the lure, but most were lookers and light biters. I think you are correct though on the best is yet to come part!!!!

"if you are in the group and not getting anything it would be a good time to fire up the auger and grab the camera to search."

You say fire up the auger and grab the camera to search so I have a question... How do you determine which way to go searching? Do you just decide to go closer to shore or further away? Is there a method to deciding where to go to search or do you just seek and destroy?

Just wondering...

It really depends on the situation and how the fish are acting (if you have seen some). If you haven't found any fish and have no prior knowledge of the area then you can't go wrong just drilling holes and looking around. Far too often people on the IGLs just become crowd chasers and take half of the fun out of fishing which to me is finding fish on your own and making them eat.

I guess that I have been one of those crowd chasers for the last few years so maybe that is a habit that I have to change. It does make sense that too much traffic could make the fish spooked so getting away from the crowd should help make the difference.

If they weren't close enough too you they might just think your pulling in small 'eyes when in reality its your bait!

On occaision you can get away from the crowd and get into some excellent fishing but it is usually short lived if you have more than three people in one area.