• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo auger - Good Deal

Floord1

If anyone is looking for a good cheap auger check out Sportsman's Warehouse in Anoka.Stopped in there today and picked up an Eskimo Mako 2HP 8" complete for $219.I figured that was pretty tough to pass up,plus it will be nice to give the arms a rest this year.

I think I will be using Eskimo augers this year also! At least I'm going to give them the true test. I have fish house rentals, and I'm hoping it works well for reopening holes. Pretty hard to beat that price!!

Walleyedan

------------------
Gull Lake Guide Service
Brainerd Area Lakes Fishing
Fish House Rentals & Guide Service 218-963-0422 218-839-5598
[email protected]

I have an Eskimo Shark sitting new in the box that I got last May as a birthday present from my wife. She got a great deal on one at Joe's on cloesout. What a wife!

I have heard a lot of good things about the Sharks, so I gave her the tip and she came through. I cannot wait to use it now. It has that super fast chain saw engine in it. Time to get rid of that old Jiffy hand auger.

I have had the Mako for two years now! It's not as fast as the lazer but for the price its not that much slower ether. I put it to the test compared to the 2hp Lazer on 8 inchs of ice and it did about 5 holes to 3 holes by the mako! But can't beat the price cause all your saving is about 10 seconds per hole. Just wished replacment blades where easier to come by!

[This message has been edited by joneshat11 (edited 11-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by joneshat11 (edited 11-13-2003).]

This year I figured I'd get the stuff that I will need later in the season now rather than later when the stores are wiped out .I picked up an extra extension and plenty of the smokeless oil .It always seems like the ice fishin stuff goes quick

The Eskimo is excellent for opening old holes. Terry McQuoid switched over a few years ago to the Eskimo Shark and wouldn't use anything else. And Terry punches a lot of holes!

Ron

I went to Hudek's On Upper Red Lake 2 winters ago and Don had an Eskimo power head with a 8" Strike Master Auger put together. You had to hang on for the fastest hole you've ever seen drilled! Bruce Mosher

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

I have an eskimo for 10 years and the only repair I did was a new recoil starter. I drilled 1000s of holes with the orginal blades, this year I bought new blades just to see how much quicker it cuts.I paid $199.99 for the eskimo. If it wouldn't be for the smell of gas it would ride up front with me and my Vexilar.

I've got an eskimo that my father in law claims is almost 20 years old.It is spelled ESKAMO, I believe.I don't know if it is just an older version of this brand before someone checked the spelling,or what.A friends dad built a new 10" auger for it complete with home made extensions.I don't know if it is a different engine or gearing but you literally better stand back when this puppy gets fired up.Lots of smoke and noise.This thing will whip the pants of any new auger and can sit outside the iceshack all night in -20.90% on the first pull.It is a sight to behold and everyone in the near vicinity usually turns to watch.We are usually laughing so hard when we get done drilling a series of holes that you can't hold the auger up.It's like drilling with a wild animal.Anyone remember these units with that spelling?I'm going to have to get a new one for weight,noise, and heft factor but I'll always hold on to this one.Think cold.-Icemac

My first ice auger was an Ardis many..many years ago. It may have been called an Eskimo, can't remember for sure right now?

I called it many many things..none very good. That thing and I just never got along very well. It had what I called Kidney Puncher Handles, like on a bike...bad idea. Yup...you can easily guess why I called it that. MAN...I hated that thing, and it hated me! I traded it off for a push Lawn mower...Good Ridden's!

BUT...Today Eskimo Ice Augers are a whole different animal indeed. In my opinion far better then they have ever been before.
smshark.jpg
Even though I am a long time Jiffy fan I would not hesitate getting an Eskimo these days. The Tecumseh 2-hp, 49cc 2-cycle gas engine is a good power plant. The overall quality of construction of the new Eskimo line is very good.

------------------
BACKWATER GUIDING
701-281-2300
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 11-15-2003).]