• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Holding down spear house

mrklean

How do you guys hold down your spear houses when your not there? I have a smaller canvas house that i want to leave on the ice for next year and need an idea of how to keep it from blowing away in the wind? THanks

On my light weight permanent I have two eyescrews (opposite corners)screwed into bottom of house with 2 feet of rope attached. I chisel or drill a hole and insert rope down hole and let it freeze in. The rope doesn't need to go down too far as this will make it easier to chisel out. Works great.

that wouldnt be a bad idea, cause you know its gonna stay then. I saw this in one guys house once, he had a rope tide to a five gallon pale and put the pale in the water so the water held his house to the ice. WOuld that work you think?

Blueberry,

Yes and Yes. I just put a few chunks of scrap 2x4's under each corner so I am about 4" off the ice. Just banks the house and you are ready to go. Took me about 1.5 minutes to get my permanent off the other day.

blueberry, I like B420 use the 2x4 trick and my perm sat in the same spot all season and on saturday it took about 5 to 8 min to chisel around the house and pop it up.

as for holding down a protable, Mills fleet farm sells the ice screws for portables and what I would do is drill a couple of small holes in the floor of the house and screw it down and if you had one buy the spear hole you could clip your spear rope to it. just a thought.

a little off topic but i want to say i picked up a brand new spear this week, was coming back from red lake and in blackduck they had spears for 35% off. Got a really nice spear for only $45. Its one of those lasar cut ones or what ever you call it. I was really happy to pick up a nice spear, my first one to.

Not sure on the brand and the spear went home with my dad but tell me how to put pic on here and ill get some. I found the spear on hsolist for $60 so ill put a pic of that one. I dont think you can put links to other websites on here, isnt it against forum policy or something but ill do it anyway.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]