• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I mixed too much gas with oil on a jiify.....help!!!

wlmrs

Well my buddy went out of town for a week and let me borrow his jiffy 3.0hp 2 cycle auger.The auger was completely out of gas so I pick up some jiffy oil from gander mountain.The auger requires a 24:1 mix gas/oil.Here's the problem i poured the oil mix into a empty 1 gallon gas can then proceeded to pump 1 gallon worth of gas,well i wasn't paying attention and I pumped 1.3 gallons of gas.The auger started up twice about 2 hours apart but will not keep running.Any suggestions guys??I was thinking should I add small amounts of oil until it's up to par or drain out the bad mix and start over?

No problem, I have an older 3hp Jiffy, they all run (or not) like that. They are very cold blooded. I need to pump mine all the time. Once they have been running for a bit they work much better.

Once I adjusted my carb set screws (the little red screws) in the COLD my jiffy runs like a top. I had previously adjusted it during the summer, and it did like you mention. But this year I warmed up the engine, when it was frigid cold, and adjusted the screws, high and low, and now it works great.

You can flood them pretty quick, so be sure to only use full choke until the first little "pop" you hear, then set it to half choke, and let it warm up. Then change to no choke and you should be good.

BTW - I now use the 40:1 ratio too.

Thanks for all the help everyone!I let it sit overnight and first thing in the morning it fired right up no problems.So I loaded up the gear and headed to the lake for some fishing.I drilled at least 10-15 holes with no problems all in a 8 hour period.Had a good day too!Thanks again!!