• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

late night crappie

maddowg1192000

I have never really done any late night crappie fishing. Is it better to go shallow or stick to deeper water, just a general question. I am fishing a lake tonight with a 40ft basin and has a couple good looking points with sharp drops. Any ideas would be nice

I would relate to the structure in some way. Set up off the point or along a break line. Crappies will continue to feed througout the late night hours, but a little more sporadic. And depending on the forage, you'll find them anywhere in the water column.

Do the fish in this lake feed heavily on baifish or insects?

Good question Matt!

Here is a link to another post in the Ice Fishing area I posted some late night info on.

Late night crappie info. Click here!!

Matt Johnson posted once about catching pan fish late at night and how he did good. When I was younger I used to fish untill 3:00 am with some luck, but last weekend I got my partner to stay late, because of what I read from Matt a couple months ago, about how the pan fish could bite late.