• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lights for driving

I like to go out early in the morning around 5-6and its sometimes hard to see and I was thinking about mounting drivng lights on the roof of the "Crappie Cruiser" (my 91 Mitsubishi Mirage) and I was wondering which would be better; driving lights or fog lights?. I seen some at ImigrantMmart that are tiny little blueish oval ones for under 30 bucks. I dont know anything about lights but the big ones ones like on the top of the roll bars on 4x4's would be a bit big. I acutally would like to find an old police car spot light.
any Ideas??

I think you will find fog lights with yellow or amber tints better at defining wheel track with less reflective glare. High output blue and white lights often wash out everything in heavy snow.

Some axillary lighting kits offer both, not a bad plan. Then you can get high intensity lighting for distance and fog lights for definition up close.

------------------
Ed Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-281-2300
><,sUMo,>

Thanks for the info Ed; the color spectrum can be a big factor for sure. I want something that will cast out in front to see open water permanents etc. yellow seems good
Question? Do you live in the washkish area?
Tim

With the duel beam configuration you should get both options. A Hi-Lo beam approach that should light your way well on and off the ice. Wall Mart or Fleet Farm often have good deals on these basic kits. You can spend big bucks on "BIG NAME" Off Road kits if you wish, I wouldn't though.
thumb5743810.jpg

Frozenminnow I live near Fargo ND, in a van, down by the Red River. wink.gif

I spend most of my time on river systems, both during the open water season and on the ice. I do ice fish here and there in the winter. Mostly fishing lakes/rivers in ND, SD, MB Canada and occasionally in MN.

------------------
Ed Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-281-2300
><,sUMo,>

How did I get to be Pro Staff?

Once upon a time Rick was kind enough to ask me to be on the field Staff. Then some time latter down the line he asked again if I wished to be on the Pro Staff. I said yes.

I guess since I do what I do for a living Rick thinks I may have something to contribute here at FM.com?

------------------
Ed Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-281-2300
><,sUMo,>

Im going to Walmart this afernoon i will take a look.
They high/low sounds like a good configuration. Im wondering if it would help to mount them on the roof insted of the front bumper or grill.
question off the subject?
How do you become a FishingMN pro staff?
Tim