• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dogfood?

bassbozo

I have been hearing about using dogfood for carp bait for some time now but I still haven't tried it. I usually use homemade boilies or corn. Just wondering if anyone else has used dogfood as a carp surfacebait before.Thanks

I have used dog and catfood as filler with other recipies. I recall mixing with outmeal balls, but it didn't hold up too well. I prepped it in a coffee grinder to make it "flour" like. My best guess for super simple use of it would be to incorporate it into a pack bait or method ball type deal. Maybee add it to half of your next batch of boilies and see which ones nab more fish? Eric

I had a zip lock full of ground dog food in my kit for a couple of months!

I've never used it a bait but if you put either dog or cat food in an empty peanut butter jar or any other kind of jar and punch holes in it and throw it in the water it'll attract dogfish and carp really well used it bowfishing last year with good results.