• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Using SOS

Carp-fisher

I picked up a 5 pack of structure on a string; yep Matt Johnson you sold them to me at Thorne Bros. I want to use them this weekend to attract and hold crappies and (large) perch under my shelter. I'll be fishing in a weedless and structurless sand pit. It basically drops down to 10 feet right from shore and the entire body of water is a 10' flat. I'm thinking of setting up shop a little ways from the drop on the deep side and placing the SOS. Whats the best configuration for something like this? I've heard of other people making a U shape and fishing in the middle. Any ideas?

Ben

Well the thing about it is that the "lake" is only about 5 acres. Its not hard finding the crappies, its just difficult to stay on top of them. Drill a hole and you mark 3 or 4 fish on the sonar, catch one, and then they're all gone. Drill 10 more holes, catch a handfull more. I'm thinking that the crappies might see my "weedbed" and hang out for abit...hopefully.

Well that should work, have you ever dropped a camera down there to see if there are any weedbeds that you could try to work? I fish a lake similar in structure but its 300+ acres...I have a HECK of a time trying to find the crappies, I know there are some decent ones in there but have trouble locating them