• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog is acting strange. Ideas?

beretta

Hey guys, I have a 7 month old lab. So far she has been a really well behaved pup. She has been very laid back and listens extremely well.

Lately she has been acting kind of wierd. She has been waking me up early in the morning whining at the door. I let her out and she just runs around and comes back to the door. I have been taking her running with me recently and all of a sudden today she wasnt healing at all. She would stop and then other times she would want to run off to the side or up ahead. She also urinated on the floor twice today but she has never done that before. She has also rececently (last week) started chewing on things. She has also been refusing to sit the past couple days. She started jumping up on people in the past couple days too.

Like I said, this is all very unusual for her. She is normally very calm and listens extremely well...

Do you guys have any ideas? My brother suggested she might be going into heat and a friend suggested she might be getting bored inside....? Thanks for any ideas or suggestions you can offer.

Well if she is only 7 months old and has been a great dog at this age you are lucky. Maybe she is just catching up on the naughty puppy stage. I wouldn't think at 7 months that she would be coming into heat just yet, but it isn't unlikely. I am guessing that she is getting bored and needs more activities to keep her occupied. I have a 6 month old Brittney pup now and am running into the same situation as I think she is getting bored since the temps are running a bit too cold to spend to much time out in the yard. My dogs spend the day in the outdoor kennel and we bring them in in the evening and this is when my pup starts bouncing off the walls and furniture. I usually am able to run the dogs out back but with this cold snap they are not to interested in spending much time out doors.