• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally got out! (pics)

jonny_redhorse

the sun actually popped threw the clouds....wot! shocked.gif...figured I'd better take advantage of it if only a few images of our areas most prolific bird...thee ole chickadee grin.gif....it's all I saw! shocked.gif.....this particular lone bird was so accomodating,amazing how they study you as much as them!...this one let me get about 5' for thse photos!...figured a couple black and whites today!

Frame_DSCF9684-4copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF9675-2.JPG

Hey Jonny, did you tie a leash to the leg of that bird? A chick that lets us within five feet will be a hit on Sunday. Although minimum focus distance for some of the lenses along for the parade range from six to eight feet. May even have to back off to get the shot! grin.gifgrin.gif

Nice work, as always. I like the B&W treatment.

lol!...took these by Carey Lake,a few miles from home...I've been throwing seed out to these little guys but when I got there, the seed was covered by 10" of snow...I brushed it away and found some uneaten seed and no sooner did I do that and this one,lone chickadee landed by me and started sifting through the seed hulls....friendly little guys! grin.gif...love to watch em!

no Ken....just my other "oldies"! grin.gif....I tried to hold my digiscope against a big popple(I took the unit into the woods) but even then it's hard to focus the scope,hold the unit ,and press the cable release all at the same time.....geesh! grin.gif...definitely going to have to spend some time with this unit...I got a few images and actually were ok but no birds or critters....I believe the hardest thing is using the cable release....one's so used to snapping the shutter release one's finger searches for it instinctively...lol!....all new to me!...tripods a must have! and /or a way to settle the scope in a branch of a tree etc....certainly requires a rock solid camera before hitting the shutter release