• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ski doo sls 500

kb1965

Good sled. I have a 1995 Formula MX 470 liquid (basically the same) and father in law has exactly that sled. The one thing about them if it is for your wife, is they pull over like a son of a gun. Way harder then my Polaris liberty twin. They are very finacy to get running also. If you hit the primer too many times, no good. It will take you some good pullin' to get it going then. If you hit the primer the right # of times they will fire up the first pull, mine did this year after sitting all spring/summer. They also ride very smooth, the Rotax engines are reliable and fast. Not many cons to the machine in my experience.

Now for price. Do not pay over $1000 for it, even if it is absoulutly mint. I bought mine 3 years ago for $500 with not a scratch on it. My father in law bought his for $1500 in 2001, also mint. Has now had it 6 years. Good luck, it is a good sled and hopefully a good price.