• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PRERUT

96trigger

I was out tonight, I saw two young bucks in the field sparring. Went on for over 20 minutes. A LARGE buck came out in the field with a doe, he didn't pay a lot of attention to the smaller bucks, but seemed to be tending to the doe. Later, 3 more does came out and the smaller bucks spent the rest of the evening chasing them around the field. the two young bucks (eights), reminded me alot of the 2 small sixes I passed on last year. It'd be nice to know that they made it through the year.

It was plenty warm but it certainly looked like the prerut is starting. I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to lure that large buck in with a few grunts and rattling antlers. It was unclear to me whether the sparring youngsters brought the big buck out in the open. I didn't actually notice them sparring until after I saw the large buck. I don't know if they were sparring prior. Anyway, the big buck didn't seem to think the two smaller bucks were much of a threat and soon disappeared. If the temp ever drops down here to 40 or lower I'd probably start rattling, but as it is, its supposed to be 80 this weekend, so not yet. Good luck, I think we will start seeing more active deer very soon.