• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Echo Trail moose

Well, of course the sun hadn't yet hit the road when I saw this moose along the Echo Trail about 7:30 this morning, just where the pavement starts to give way to gravel. I had to lean out and shoot this out the window before he galloped off into the woods.

Canon 30D, Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso400, 1/40 at f5.6

moose-on-road.jpg

Thanks, both of you. Michael, you are exactly right. Dan, if it has to be a pic of a moose on a road, I do like the way the road curves away and out of the frame in the way the moose is pointing.

This is one of the moosiest looking spots close in on the Echo, with a wetland stretching for short distances on both sides of the road right at this spot, and I've never gone by it in four and a half years without slowing down and hoping to see Bullwinkle. This morning was the first time.

nice moose photo Steve!...I have yet to get one grin.gif...maybe this upcoming weekend...going to the tettegouche for some late fall foliage pics.... we stumbled on that timber wolf near Skibo the last trip to the tettegouche...maybe we'll be fortunate enough to see that bull or cow this time grin.gif

Nice Moose ST! You are making me go crazy with these pics along the Echo. I haven't made it up to our property since the 4th. Though I did get a trip into Basswood in August. I sure miss cruising anlog the trail. Anyhow thanks for making my day in the cubicle a little nicer.

Chaff