• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

copper's first hunt tips????

Dahitman44

If you are not alone, you may want to just handle the dog and let the others do the shooting until he appears comfortable with the whole thing. Training can break down pretty fast when the real thing starts to happen, so be patient and remember that it is his first time and anything you get out of him will be a bonus. I hope things go really well for you and good luck with the hunt.

PS - bring a leash. You may need it.

Copper and I had a great time and he did a great job. He went after every bird and found them all. he had a little trouble and was mad at us when we missed but he will figure that out.

We had soem big swan come over us low and he could not figure out when we didn't shoot. He had a major lip curl. wink.gif

The only thing that was tricky was the fact that he like dto screw around too much. The puppy in him. So I got a shock collar and he was much better.

It was a great hunt in two mornings we shot about 15 ducks and 10 geese.

Thanks to all.

Hitman