• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

August fishing

Quote:

Does the fishing for bass and walleye always go down hill in august or do I need to change fishing methods?

I don't know what to tell you as the walleyes are hitting as good now as they were at any time in June or July on every lake I've been on here in upstate NY. They are going for the exact same presentations they did all summer in the exact same spots. We did 28 walleyes in 2 hours on Friday evening between two of us and had 10 in the livewell in 40 minutes and just kept catching and throwing more back because we didn't want to leave yet. Saturday afternoon was slower for us but we still did 23 eyes and had our 10 in 2 hours and stayed for another couple hours. Couple good ones up to 24" in the mix also. September can be more tricky than August as the fish start making their move from summer to fall areas but it's usually not hard to figure out by spending some time on the water wink.gif