• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Green Heron (pics)

mcary

I chased these little herons around a local pond in Duluth for the better part of a summer last year and was never able to get very close to the skittish little things. Luckily today with a little stealth and a lot of patience (on both my part and the bird's), I was able to spend about an hour close to this bird and by the end captured a few shots that I am very happy with (namely the last two).

mg3336wc5.jpg

mg3369ai3.jpg

mg3402ap1.jpg

mg3435bw9.jpg

mg3436xs2.jpg

Hope you enjoy! Mike

I was hoping he was giving a frog the death stare! I waited kneeling in pond muck for an hour hoping to get a good shot of the heron capturing and gulping down dinner. Unfortunately, it spent a lot of time preening and otherwise relaxing. I guess now I still have an excuse to go back and see what else I can get!