• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake Fishing Tactics

So what's the trick at DL?

I was there 2 weekends ago, right before the real hot weather rolled in. Seems like the fishing was slow for some and others had better results. I fished anchored in the trees, drifted over mid-lake structures, reefs and roadbeds, trolled along the submerged roadbeds, pitched cracks at the windblown shore, all with little luck. It was only my 2nd time on the lake and I gotta think that with all the structures available for fish you gotta move if you aren't catching 'em, but saw boats that didn't move for the whole day.

What are the best tactics for this lake?

I have only fished Devils say... 30 times summer and winter and have never had bad luck in the summer... I would say 90 percent of our eyes have been caught in or close to trees... Windy side is the right side to be.. The last time i was out there was for a tournament which we did very well in with bobbers and cranks in certain spots we researched. It seems like some spots you couldn't keep a fish off, they were all kinda small, or they were all awesome tournament pigs.. I did hear there was a slow period of time not too long ago and a big storm that made the lake green... 75 mph winds on devils makes some awfully vicious waves. If you have decent waves on the windblown shore with leeches or worms I cant imagine why you wouldn't pick some up... Try sitting in a spot for half hour max without results and move maybe not even that far... thats my two cents