• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quack Grass

Lip_Ripper Guy

I overseeded my lawn last year with "Contractor Mix" and I now have about 40-50% of my lawn covered with quack grass. From what I've read, there are no weed killers that specifically target the quack. Does anyone know of any? Would I likely be best to just Round-Up the entire yard and start over? There are also a number of other weeds to contend with.

Are you sure it is Quackgrass? Crabgrass is starting to show up all over.

You can check out a product called Certainty which will kill Quackgrass. however, it will also kill fescue so if your seed mix has fescue and you are sure it is quackgrass i would start all over.

If it turns out you have crabgrass, spray it with Drive.

Good luck.

If its new or fairly new soil you may want to kill it now and wait till spring to reseed,so you give all quack seed another chance to sprout so you can roundup it again and even a third time if it comes back round up does'nt kill seed,and you could have a repete problem.So I'd kill it wait and water kill it again wait and water,maybe again??Plant next spring.