• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best place for carp

I got my wife into shore fishing a couple of years ago, but she hasen't caught anything for size. I watched Kent Hrbeck last week when he had Jesse Ventura on and they went carp fishing. I know when I catch them by accident they are a lot of fun. Would love to take the wife out somewhere to get into these. Can anyone give me any idea near St. Paul that would be a fun time for the wife and I?

Locally to you I would put a line in right under the 35 or Tenth ave bridge. Since I'm not real sure of the bridge let me get real specific on the directions then I'm sure you'll know exactly where I'm speaking about. At River Place where the arch bridge feeds out at the end of the 6th. There is a circle turnaround brick area. In the back end of that circle is a service road that goes down a hill to the south(left corner). It looks like you don't belong there. At the bottom of that hill right under the bridge. I usually have very good luck at all times of day. I use primarly Canned corn sweetend with Anise Oil. If you are right under the bridge don't cast out very far only 25 yds or so. Stay in where the current appears to be backing up towards the dam to avoid snags. Don't let go of your pole cause they hit hard and quick. You are going to loose your rig if you prop it up with a stick or leave it unattended. I have never had a light hit there. If you don't get a hit in 30 min or don't start getting bit often pack up. Because they are either thick in there or they are not there at all.

No onesy twosy here. Lots or none.

Just an easy spot to give a try.