• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bowfishing for carp in sherburne county

I am new to bowfishing and i just got my gear a few weeks ago. I am looking for some spots to go bowfihshing for carp in my area. If anybody has any ideal spots near Elk River please let me know. Thanks.

I was going to say the Crow near St. Michael is good. I would also guess with a little searching one could find some good culverts and such in "The Refuge". The St. Francis river and Elk River I am sure would also be good; it would just take a little time to discover the right spots. Good Luck. If you have a boat and are will to drive a little go to Little Rock Lake north of St Cloud. There are tons of carp and lots of shallow slow moving water.

Good Luck

I pick up my bows tomarrow. I got a new bow for hunting and i put a spool on my old one, i will have to try out little rock some time. its been a while since i have been there, how clear is the water? i know it was really dirty last time i was there

I am a catfisher man up in this area and hit from shore weekly. I know of one great spot, but can not tell location due to it being right at my prime cat spot (no one ever fish's there). To get to the point, during fishing one tends to watch sky, birds and mostly the water. In this one spot the current eddies right along shore and a large amount of foam builds up in this area. I never see them when I go down to spot, but right before sunset (I would say half hour to about 45 minutes) they pop their mouths up and there are a ton of them. This occurs feet from shore and only at this time. Sure one might see one or two before this, right before sun down. You also have to sneak up on them. Knock a rock together with your feet or talk and they all jump at once. It takes about 5-10 minutes before they are back. This happens every time I am down there and you could almost set your watch by the time of their arrival.

I know this is not the only spot that this occurs at, so I think with a little investigating and hitting it at the right time you will find many spots like this. You could get a great shore shot from Mississippi's water edge. Oh by the way, this occurs on the Mississippi.

Good luck!!!!

Little Rock is always a little dirty and green. That being said, there are boat loads of carp in the lake and the numbers really make up for the lack of visibility. On any given Saturday there are usually 4 or 5 boats on the lake with shooters. I personally like the shallow bay west of the rock pile.