• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devil's Lake update?

I fished devils last week for 4 days with my two kids and we pounded them. We fished trees on windblown shorelines with small leetches and slip bobbers. The first day out and the first time on this lake we came in with 14 walleyes and none were under 18". This was done in less than 3 hours and within minutes of grahams island boat ramp. I wouldnt call it luck because we caugth them all 4 days. Try pulling plugs with orange in them on wind blown shorelines in about 6 to 12 fow. The windy side can still be good a day or two later when it has gone down. Look for lots of shrimp in the water. If your not catching any fish move.

What an awesome lake. Everybody is pounding the walleyes out there. Shallow on windblown shores is the key. Nothing deeper than 7 feet for us. Most of them were under 6 feet deep. Leeches on spinners, leeches under slip bobbers, casting cranks. It was a tough bite for us when the wind was down, but once the wind picked up so did the bite.

This was my first time out there, but it will be an annual trip from now on.