• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Tick question

Mr. B

It would be at his office... 10 miles south of St. Paul, in Cottage Grove. We can take ideas on what topics you'd like to see covered. I know I can use a refresher on first aid. I went to a seminar on Canine first aid back about 1990, but I can certainly use some boning up. Let me know...

Ken

i know this is a Hunting dog topic but i was kind of concerned my wife found a deer tick in her scalp. doesnt know how long its been there hopefully not long. my concern is that SHE IS PREGNANT due on august 15. Is this an extra concern? what should i do? any info would be great. Should i take her to a VET too

From everything I've read, Lymes can not be transferred from a pregnant dog to her puppies... I would imagine it is the same for humans. Not every deer tick carries Lyme diseases either. With all that said, I would still contact your doctor and see what he thinks is the proper protocol for treatment... many will put you on a regimen of anti-biotics as a precaution so as to not let the Lyme bacteria take hold.

Good Luck!

Ken