• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Survey- Who's runnin' mutts out there?

FlatBottom

Just wanted to know who's running a mutt out there? You can imagine the looks when I let ol' Pepper out (Border collie/ healer) and put on his vest. The little guy does alright, I'm surprised. I took him out last year just for fun and dang if he didn't flush atleast 30+ pheasants for me. smile.gif I can't wait to take him out this year!

About 10 years ago, we used to have a Rottweiler cross that loved to flush pheasants and then would stand over the down bird. She never did learn to fetch them back to us but it sure did make hunting alot easier when she was with. wink.gif She didn't like duck hunting because of the rain!!

Ya, I run mutts.

Dog #1 is the better bird dog. He is a chocolate lab/?springer spaniel? mix. Basically chocolate lab looking. Little hyper, but will hunt very, very hard. Good pheasant dog. This past year was my first duck hunting, and was very impressed with his retrieves.

Dog #2 is the better house dog, and usually does NOT go hunting. She is a Pit Bull/ Rottwieler mix. She looks like a wimpy Pit Bull. I get some real funny looks from other hunters when out in the field with her. She is the better grouse dog, though. For some reason, those birds are her thing. She won't retrieve one, but sniffs or sees them very well.