• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buffalo Fillets at Cub-recipes anyone?

I was at Cub with the hen last night and right next to the walleye fillets (@12.99 a pound-HOLY!) were some mighty tasty looking fresh Buffalo Fillets that were priced awful right...

Having never cooked it, I would like to give it a go. They were pretty thick, do you guys bake these? Or drop em in grease? What would be a good way to try cooking them?

Thanks for the replies.

Growing up, we used to eat a lot of buffalo fish, all of it store-bought. We would buy the whole buffalo fish and steak it out. My mom kept it really simple. She just coated the fish pieces with seasoned corn meal and fried it in hot oil on the stove top. A couple slices of white bread and some hot sauce and we were good to go. I remember it being pretty tasty, but quite bony. Fillets would defintely be the way to go.