• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a crappie hole!

Hi, I am fairly new on these forums. I've just recently taken up fishing again after a 6-7yr break lol. I am from Brooklyn Park and need any advice on where to find these little critters! Everywhere seems to be overcrowded. I mean I dont need a hot spot, just something with action. I'd prefer if it was closer to where I live. Thanks in advance!

if it is a known crappie hole then there are going to be people there in the spring time.......the only way to find a little action is to pick a lake with fish and start casting...the crappies are in the shallows....look for maybe trees or branches sticking out of the water and try fishing those areas.....good luck maybe someone will give you a specific area but then everyone will know about it and you will be overcrowded again!!! grin.gif

Welcome to FM and good luck!!

Hey Neenja.

Im from Brooklyn Park as well. My usual spots for the west metro are usually Medicine and Minnetonka. Both productive lakes, just look for the crowds. If looking for something closer, i'd try East Moore Lake on 694 and Central. I hear they even stock catfish in there. happy fishing! smile.gif