• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

British Lab Breeder

Jaybird

I recently ordered a British lab pup from a breeder in Houlton, Wisconsin. I'm hesitant to name the kennel since it is also a web site and I might violate forum policy. It's the one run by Dennis Anderson and his wife. I intend to check some of the references they gave me, but thought I'd check in the forum here and see if anyone else has had any experience with them. How was your dealings with them? How was the dog in terms of health, trainability, and hunting instinct? Would you buy from them again?

Thanks in advance for your opinions. I'm spending a chunk of money here, which is fine, but I want to make sure it's well spent.

I have had some experience with them. My friend and neighbor at out place up north has one from Dennis.

It is a very, very calm dog and is not hyper at all. He turns in to all business in the field and is an excellent waterfowl dog. He was all trained by hand with no shock collar(he is in law enforcement) and handles unbelievably. It is a good dog but, doesn't like to be around more than one other dog and if you have lots of company will go hide in a room.

I have a British coming in August from Double J British Labs. It will be fun.

Good Luck!!