• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

newbie question

beanie

hi guys

I have a pretty simple question I think... crazy.gif I'm going up to my cabin in Rhinelander, WI and the lake that I'm on is clear. I wanted to take my younger siblings up to catch some panfish and show them a good time. It is supposed to rain in the morning but clear up after nine or so. My question is how this will affect the crappies and gils if at all? Will they move into deeper water, or will they stay shallow? Any tips to show the kids a good time would be fantastic.

Thanks and good luck

Beanie

This time of year you can expect the fish to be shallow and remain there unless there is a major cold front or a T-Storm.

There are several reasons that the fish will be shallow. Food, warm water and if temps line up correctly-the spawn.

I'd look to the north facing bays or any little fingers. If there is some type of emergent vegitation you can expect the fish to be there.

The key water temps to look for is anything in the 50's. If the water makes it in the mid 60's the fish will begin their spawning run.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold