• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Migrating junco (pic included)

Steve Foss

We got a ton of dark-eyed-juncos in the yard starting Friday, bad cold weather or not, and here's one that landed on the lattice mounted on one of my raised garden beds

Canon Digital Rebel XT, Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso400, 1/400 at f7.1, handheld

junco-on-lattice.jpg

Nice image Steve!.I noticed alot of juncos the last few days myself...even saw a few robins in the melted,brown grassy patches from this past snow scrounging for a meal....ahhh!...maybe spring will finally make it to the northland! grin.gif

Well, we've had a couple juncos hanging around for the last three weeks. It was just Friday when they all gathered here like crazy, and we have almost 50 hopping around in the snow and bare ground patches.

Well, uh, maybe the word got around when I spread cracked corn all over for the migrating sparrows and juncos on Thursday afternoon. grin.gif