• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Birds! (pics included)

jonny_redhorse

The birds are arriving!...took a ride this cold,grey morning in the hopes that maybe I could run into some sharptail down near meadowlands(owl avenue area)...I found em! shocked.gif...amongst other species as well!...just wish the sun was shining so the pics would have had more color...oh well...pics certainly aren't the best as all the birds were basically a bazillion yards away( my zoom isn't the greatest grin.gif)...the sharptail are forming into groups to do there "dance thing"...no doubt they are just starting!...this group I came across had only 6 in it but were only eating and not dancing as of yet...plus I came across a few sandhill cranes in various fields...a nice morning grin.gif...

Frame_DSCF6930-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF6935-2copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF6911-1copy.jpg

great greys are occasionnaly seen in this area

Frame_DSCF6940-1copy.jpg

Thanks for sharing a gray spring day, Jonny. Looks like you had a good one. Glad you found those sharpies. It's too late for this year because they're usually all booked up, but the DNR has a blind in your area that they let people use during dancing season. Good idea for next year. I always seem to forget. frown.gif

Steve...if you take a run down to the corner of Watsala road and Cty 29...(a group of large round hay bales at the intersection(about 15-20) you're there!........just look it up on google maps..zoom in....just north of meadowlands proper...there's 2 batches of about 6 each.....I certainly have no problem sharing the info for these sharpies grin.gif...they are there every day and just starting to congregate....(plus another batch at the corner of 200 and dart road)probably go on for a couple weeks yet......I know I may very well be going again this easter vacation long weekend........ grin.gif

note:I talked to a local there(younger woman) as I was rolling down the window to snap these guys and she says they are there every year!....same field! grin.gif