• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CUB CADET

MILLER TIME

I'm looking at purchasing a cub cadet 27 horse riding lawn mower and was looking at the snowblower attachment and was wondering if any one has used this before and how much luck have you had and is it good in deep snow since I live in the country. I cant really afford the compact tractor that I want but am looking for options.

I've got a 12hp lawntractor with the snow attachment,tire chains,wheel weights.It works great even deep snow,deep heavy wet snow it's usless.My biggest problem is when the drive is icy all the weight is in front on the blower no traction on a slight incline! It just wont go spins the tires even with me 240lbs. wheel weights 20lbs each side for 40lbs. and chains.What I mean as icy is after its blown and sun shines on it not freezing rain! I bought a walk behind for that reason,I yet use the rider for500ft. of flat work.

We have a bit smaller 2554. The snow blower option rocks with chains and rear mounted weights. Lighter snow can easily clear the four section collapsible flag pole. Not very happy with it's mowing performance though. Bagging system is a joke. Any moisture at all and it plugs up. Take the bagging system off and you end up with stripes of near balable (not sure how to spell that...you can bale it) grass. Plan on mowing twice a week and when dry to get optimum performance.