• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Skies

I'll post a few shots I've taken in the last few weeks looking at the sky or that have had the sky figure prominently in the photo.

"Blue sky over the horizon"

416070196_c3293dcd3b.jpg

"Blue sky after the storms" - Standing by the end of the garage, I shot the photo looking south, the fresh snow drifts extend off into the distance.

409589493_c5289fee89.jpg

"Minnesota Snowy wilderness" - I shot this facing south. The sky is so clear blue following the storm. You see our footprints from going to the far hill to sled.

409590750_ab38bcec26.jpg

"Minnesota Sunset" - The blues and reds blended for a cold and warm sunset.

416076610_abf67954b9.jpg

"As night approaches" - Standing at the southwest corner of our house the garage in view, I capture a beautiful sky as night approached.

416077703_1ec53ea66a.jpg

"Moon in Minnesota sky" - Taken out of the bathroom window. I processed from raw file. Taken at 135mm with some cropping. This was the morning before the eclipse. That evening the moon had a significant chunk out of it as it was torwards the end of the eclipse. I didn't think much about it until later when I realized just that morning it had been full. I checked the news and sure enough, around the world people were getting great shots of the moon eclipse. By the time I looked back outside the eclipse had passed and the moon was full. Oh well!

409365303_de8b7029b1.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

My favorite is "as night approaches". I like the composition and deep colors. The moon shot has great colors but the moon is just too much centered. I would have preferred to see it off to one side and maybe a little higher in the photo. However, I think they're all beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing.