• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arizona Widgeon

Smeds

I'm a duck hunter first ... so during a round of golf a couple of weeks ago in Phoenix this took priority over the round for a minute. [image]WIDGEON2.jpg[/image]

Quote:

tough to make a good shot with these guys around!

Depends on what you mean by "good shot." Looks like you got a couple good shots with the camera even if they ruined your approach shot. grin.gif

You can post them bigger, too. Sizing horizontals to 600 or 700 pixels across and verticals to 400 to 450 across makes them bigger but not too big.

Thanks STfcatfish ... I'll try that next time around. Having fun with the New Nikon D50, but consider myself somewhat of a rookie. I've enjoyed reading your posts! Didn't really care about the approach shot to the green ... it was 80 degrees, and I was surrounded by full courting plumage Widgeon! The other people in my foursome (strangers) thought I was a little "off" however.

No prob, Smeds. Here's a tip for you, too. I notice the whites in the widgeon are blown out. If you didn't do that accidentally in post processing, meaning the blowout happened at capture, I'd check to see if your camera allows exposure compensation, which on my Canons allows me to quickly over or underexpose an image in 1/3 stop increments. I'd bet the D50 offers that in some way, too. Here, you would have preserved the detail in the whites by unerexposing perhaps 2/3 of a stop, or - 2/3. That would just be a starting point, however, and a look at the image on your camera's back would have helped you as well. On mine, when I select "info" mode when showing images on the LCD, any blown out segments blink at me, which tells me I better underexpose a bit more if those highlight areas are important to me.

Good shooting, and good luck. grin.gif

I'm not sure of that. Could be my "Picture Project" software did that when I chose auto enhance for these pics. I know my Nikon will do bracketing (sp?) ... I'll have to play around with that feature. As I said, just learning, and always will be! grin.gif