• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vertical in-line pins/ Horizontal sights

Grizzy

Hey fellows.

I have been using one of the plastic housed, in-Line vertical pin sights. I cracked the frame and busted a pin late in the season this year so I will be looking for a replacement. Here is my question: I know the advantages the manufactures claim about the in-line vertical sights- less field of view obstruction. What are the disadvantages of the in-line vertical sights and/or the advantages of horizantal pin sights? I look forward to reading your opinions?

Anybody use the 3-pin HHA (I think it is the 5500- 2 vertical plane pins, 1 horizontal pin)? Thoughts?

Grizzy.. the advantage of inline pins is field of view.. I know a lot of 3D shooters that will not shoot the inline verticla pins.. myself included.. the advantage you have with horizontle pins.. is Gap shooting... If you have a pin for 20 yards and 30 yards.. and are shooting a deer or target at 25 yards.. your pin covers up your target and you cant see what you are aiming at.

just my opinion!

I think the biggest thing and most important is what works for you.Everybody has a different opinion on what they like. I myself use the G5 ME sight. Its is horizontal with 3 stationary pins and 1 floater But anyway just try out a couple different styles and go with what you feel comfortable with.

I have verticle pins and i thought i used to love them when i first got them and my first season with them, and i was a young shooter, but now that i have shot more and more i am going to step away from the verticle pins. I have never shot as much as i do now and my groups have gotten a little worse with them. I havent decided what to get yet but maybe i will start another thred to get some opinions.

A. Shae

I really like the vert pins for hunting....I have the cheaper Trophy Ridge Flatline. I don't care for the overall design and toughness of the sight. I'd like to see a better made vert pin sight - something built like the Impact Archery Collector sight but with vert pins would be sweet.