• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DTro

Short Report from Satuday

Got to tag along with Hanson this Saturday on a short trip up to the pond.

Started out VERY cold. Not sure what the temp was, but it sure felt below zero. Ended up with a patch of frostbite from the sled ride due to my jacket zipper breaking.

We were out on the flats and Hanson found a nice inside bend on the transistion.

It must have been a pretty good spot as it was eyeballed all day long. Met a fellow FM'er (yellowdog I believe).

The fishin was pretty slow, I'm not seasoned at all so I'm not sure what is average, but we ended up with 4 or 5 around 18".

Had a great time, no matter the bite.

Thanks again Hanson!

icefishing2007001Small.jpg

icefishing2007006Small.jpg

icefishing2007008Small.jpg

Looks like you guys had a great time. cool.gif I am going in search of some slabs tommorrow and if things are good, I will shoot you a e-mail smile.gif Darren.

Quote:

Looks like you guys had a great time.
cool.gif
I am going in search of some slabs tommorrow and if things are good, I will shoot you a e-mail
smile.gif
Darren.

Sounds good cool.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• It's always fun to rig up your own custom stuff then paying a bunch of money for things that may not work as well.  Looks like it should do the trick for you!  🙂
    • Dude, do you know how to use the emoticons?  It's always good to use one of these when making a Joke!  🙂 😀 😅 😂  😉
    • All deer in SE MN need to be wiped out.  90% herd reduction isn't going to stop the disease.  It is wreckless and stupid to do any less.  The whole state herd is going to go in the toilet if the SE guys don't get on the triggers and get their situation under control.  This talk of us vs the deer farms is a stupid smokescreen designed to try to take the focus off private land owners that don't want to cooperate with the mitigation plan.       Anything less will set the stage for CWD to roll hard to the north and get into the big woods where there will be zero chance of ever finding every deer.   
    • Gettin er done.    I have to take the "T" that the transducer pipe goes through to work so I can open the ID so the pipe can slide freely. 
    • I have a couple Garmin units for my boat. I'm going to also use one for ice fishing. Got it powered up and started playing with the colors schemes I'd like to use. The only one I like so far is with a blue background. But what I found that I like better is the black background the humminbird uses. Maybe Garmin could do an update to add a black mode. Lol. 
    • How do you keep those solid whole covers from freezing over the hole?
    • The ant moat idea seems interesting.  Go to a second had store or a Goodwill type of place and see if you can find a Bundt pan.  Use that and see how things work out.  
    • Could you be a little more specific on this cocktail timing deal? Size matters! 😏  
    • I have been doing whole prime rib on a weber grill since I was 20 years old and they cost 2.99 lb at the long ago defunct Country Club Market in St. Paul. I put the coals on each side for indirect heat and add salt and pepper and garlic. For the garlic I put the fat side up and take a knife and put holes into the fat down to meat. In each hole I put a garlic clove. I don't add any pellets or wood chips for smoke. I just want to taste that beef cooked in owns fat with a few spices but go ahead and add some smoke to it if that is what you want.
    • The storm last weekend  has moved the birds into the heavy duty winter cover. We had pretty good hunting in the cattails the last couple of days. Perfect weather helped.