• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowmobile auger rack

Koerbs

What are some thoughts or opinions on best spot to mount and carry your auger on a sled?

Do you think the auger would have a better ride over the hood or in the rear?

Was Jim Hudson's mounted some how to the actual suspension arms...which to me wouldn't be a very good idea. If it were mounted to the body I think would be ok.

I custom made one for my ZR500 and used it a few times before the sled died on me. But the rack worked great and it was just some scrap metal to build it. I should take some pics. But like it was mentioned above, each sled means a slightly different design on the auger rack. I thought about making a few more for some buddies but I don't have immediate access to a welder either.

Here's a couple photos of Jim's sled.

He did not mount the rack to the front suspension but rather to the hole in the bulkhead that the swaybars pass through on the other Cats. The Bearcats don't have a swaybar so this hole is a perfect spot to mount your rack.

dscf0139mediumwebviewwe6.jpg

dscf0141mediumwebviewux6.jpg

dscf0140mediumwebviewhc3.jpg