• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The perfect Jighead???

panfried

In an effort to find some 1/32oz collarless jig heads i think i may have stumbled across the perfect one at Bass Proshops. It is collarless, it comes in 1/32oz, has a wire bait holder that runs parallel with the hook shank, and the eye of the hook is crosswise instead of in line with the hook shank. The wire bait keeper should help with your power minnow turning on the hook and the crosswise eye will always keep your presentation horizontal even after fighting a fish. The only drawback i could find was they come unpainted, so i am looking for some suggestions on paint. Should i go with an enamel or a powder based paint. Thanks for any help. The jig can be found at BassPro.com and is called the crosseye jig by bass pro. Under terminal tackle i believe.

I've been making my own jigs since I was in grade school. I personally use vinyl paint. I like the finish and also use an epoxy over the vinyl to give it a clear, non-chipping surface.

I have tried out the powder paints after they first came out, and though they have a very tough finish, I didn't care for the contrast of the color after it is done. This may be different now though as i'm sure improvements have been made. Personal preference I guess. Seeing I can't link here, I can email you information about the HSOforum that I order from if you wish.

TightLines,

GatorBait