• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reports from today!

David Frank

Went out today at noon and we were done by 3. We took our time, saw lots of birds, and ended with a limit. There were only 4 of us, no dog. It was tough to manage large chunks of land, but we ended up with our 12 birds and had a great time.

Dave Frank

we hunted around the Wagner area on both saturday and sunday. We got into the birds but didnt limit out like we normally do. Not to say there wasnt enough birds down there to do so, because we sure saw enough and shot at enough to limit out. We missed alot, wounded alot, and just couldnt find the ones we did knock down. We had a blast though and it was good to be out.

Most of the crops including a large portion of beans were still unharvested yet so give it a couple weeks and I think our success rate will drastically improve.

Hunted around the Arlington/Lake Preston area and did well. We shot 9 on Sat. with 3 people and 11 on Sun. with 4 people ( I had to leave before we got the last one mad.gif).

Saw quite few birds and shot well on Saturday. Sunday was a different story. We were hunting the a CRP field and the wind sped up the birds to a point that they were nearly breaking the sound barrier.

I will post some pics as soon as I get them developed. My digital camera went dead so I had to pick up a disposable one.

We even go into a few walleyes to top off the day! I just can't stay away from the fish no matter what day it is. grin.gif

mw

Mike,

You and me both!!! I fished Waubay Friday before pheasant opener and 3 of us picked up our 6 Walleye. The fishing was not fast and furious by any means. It took us about 5 hours to catch our fish. Let one go about 13 3/4", the rest were around 15" with one at about 17"

Lets see some pictures. Tis the first SoDak opener I've missed since I can remember. I at least need to see some pics, so I can kinda remember what it's like.

The group I usually hunt with came up a few short on Saturday, but filled on Sunday.