• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A couple more ...

WifeKidsandDog

Hmmm...saw your pics the other day now this AM can't access them. Puzzling. Was kinda busy here so didn't get a chance to comment but really liked the photo of the cedar waxwing. The bird you were guessing to be a sparrow is I believe an immature male house sparrow.

I can see them all here at home. Nice, Cheryl. Wish I had that lens. It's a total winner. Waxwing is a little soft, as is the house sparrow (Dotch oughta know ALL about house sparrows, considering where he is and that he's got stock on the farm grin.gif). Did you use any unsharp mask to sharpen them? Tripod? Monopod? Beanbag? Handheld? If you posted that info and your techs (iso, shutter, aperature), we could figure some things out about the softness, maybe. Handheld, that's a heavy sucker.

Quote:

I can see them all here at home. Nice, Cheryl. Wish I had that lens. It's a total winner. Waxwing is a little soft, as is the house sparrow (Dotch oughta know ALL about house sparrows, considering where he is and that he's got stock on the farm
grin.gif
).

Steve, the waxwing was at 1/60s, iso 200, f/4.5 and handheld, LOL. It is very soft. The bird just landed in front of me and there wasn't a chance to even think about the settings. The sparrow is sharp at 100 percent, lots of feather detail, I probably didn't sharpen it when I resized. It was shot at 1/400s, ISO 400 f/4 and also hand held. I was hiding in my blind (I'll post a pic of that later) and the sun was just about gone.

Can see the images fine now that you changed things. Many small flocks of waxwings through here over the weekend. Lots of young ones w/o the fully developed crest. Like you say, they're here and gone so quickly. If you blink, you miss them.

I am still learning A LOT about sparrows Steve. Too bad someone brought them over here but can't send 'em back now. grin.gif

Dotch --

I was at the Straight River at Clinton Falls by Cabela's on Friday and there were dozens of waxwings and other birds flying around, I've gone back the last two days to see if I could get better shots and they've all gone. Not a bird to be seen!

Cheryl