• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mille Lacs carp

Hello,

I've heard of and seem photos of massive carp taken from Lake Mille Lacs in Minnesota and I would like to give the lake a try.

Although I do live in Minnesota I'm a long drive away from Mille Lacs and if I do go it would have to be at least a weekend trip.

I've never attempted to fish the lake before and I know nothing about good places to fish or stay.

Since it is such a large lake I figured I'd ask to see if anyone could help me out as far as places I should consider fishing for the weekend to catch some large carp. I don't have a lot of extra money so I'll probably just sleep in my car so if you know a parking lot or something close to the fishing spot that would be great!

I'm also unsure of what method to use as far as bait. I was planning on fishing with maize or boilies but if something happens to be working well on the lake right now I'd love to hear about it.

Any help would be really appreciated and if you know a good spot but don't want to post any secrets or something like that you can email me at [email protected] and I promise to keep them. I'm only catch and release and I won't litter your spot or anything so you won't have any concerns as far as that goes.

Thanks for any and all help or suggestions! I look forward to reading some replies!

~Kyle

i would try the inlets and out lets this time of year, as far as a place to stay most walmart stores will let you for a small fee like 5 to 10 dallors. it's in the parking lot but is close to most fast food stores, heck iv'e even seen people grill out in the parking lot.

Inlets would be a good option, but also look for fishing the inside edge of weedlines. If you can find a place where there is a channelish area right next to shore and a visible weedline within casting distance, you might have found a winner spot. Cast out just near the weeds. You'll want a rod that can muscle the fish back out of the weeds.

Whole Kernal Sweet Corn!!!